It’s happening. An Operator nerf is arriving in patch 1.09, set to go live later today. The sniper has been the subject of much distaste from players at all levels. Many people say the Operator is just too easy to use and too powerful. It took Riot some time to find a way to balance the weapon, but the Operator nerf is about to hit the game.
Patch 1.09 will detail a few changes, including the minimap cone being fixed. But listed below are the expected changes to the Operator, as said by the ever so reliable @ValorLeaks on Twitter.
RELATED: VALORANT patch notes 1.08
- Price increase from 4500 to 5000
- Scope speed decreased from 76% to 72%
- Scope Deadzone from 30% to 50% movement speed – harder to aim while moving, it will take 2.2 seconds to become more accurate.
- Fire rate decreased from 0.75 to 0.6
- Equip Time increased from 0.3s to 0.5s
- Leg Shot damage decreased from 127 to 120 HP
- Longer inaccuracy time after landing from a jump
These changes to the op are a bit drastic, but they seem like they are destined to do the trick. The operator has been the subject of much discussion and anger, so hopefully this will cool people’s Jetts (too soon?).