With only 3 weeks of action remaining in the Call of Duty League regular season, we are getting down to the wire. The CDL New York Home Series is next on the schedule. The event takes place online from July 10th – 12th.
Call of Duty League Format
- Group Stage
- Two double-elimination format (GSL) Groups
- Best of 5 Series
- Top 2 teams from each group advance to Bracket Stage
- Group stage winners (2-0 record) advance to the Semifinals as High Seeds
- Group stage runners-up (2-1 record) advance to the Semifinals as Low Seeds
- Bracket Stage
- Single Elimination
- Best of 5 Series
- Game Types and Maps
- Domination: Gun Runner, Hackney Yard, St. Petrograd
- Hardpoint: Azhir Cave, Gun Runner, Hackney Yard, Rammaza, St. Petrograd
- Search & Destroy: Arklov Peak, Gun Runner, Piccadilly, Rammaza, St. Petrograd
- 10 CDL Points per win + 10 bonus CDL Points for winning the bracket:
- 50 CDL Points for 1st Place
- 30 CDL Points for 2nd Place
- 20 CDL Points for 3rd/4th Place
- 10 CDL Points for 5th/6th Place
- 0 CDL Points for 7th-8th Place
Teams Attending the CDL New York Home Series
During the past couple of home series events, we have witnessed some incredible Call of Duty games. It looked like separation was building in the league mid-way through the season, but the table has certainly been flipped. Teams are now battling to gain the best seeding possible for playoffs. Here’s a look at the eight teams attending the CDL New York Home Series. We will be covering the action throughout the event; keep up to date here.
- Paris Legion
- Toronto Ultra
- Atlanta FaZe
- Los Angeles Guerillas
- London Royal Ravens
- Chicago Huntsmen
- New York Subliners
- Minnesota ROKKR
What to expect
If you’re a regular in the competitive Call of Duty scene, you know who to have your eyes on. However, I thought we could take a quick look at what to expect as we move into the deep end of the league.
Favourites to win CDL New York Home Series
Straight away there’s two teams that pop out here. Both Atlanta FaZe and the Chicago Huntsmen have been battling it out all season long. Alongside the Dallas Empire and Florida Mutineers, these four teams are still fighting for first place. A win here for either team will improve their chances of finishing the regular season in top spot.
Potential for an upset?
Normally, we all love a good underdog story, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like there will be one at this Home Series. Both Atlanta and Chicago seem certain to reach the final with little competition along the way.
With that being said, I have a feeling each and every series at the CDL New York Home Series will be incredible. If we look at the standings below, you can see just how close the standings are between those teams battling in the mid-table and bottom positions.
Call of Duty League Standings
||London Royal Ravens
||New York Subliners
||OpTic Gaming LA
||Los Angeles Guerillas