The long-awaited 1.2 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PC and consoles on Monday, promising to fix a long list of bugs and glitches. The Stadia release is planned for later this week.
CD Projekt Red made the announcement by posting on the game’s official Twitter account. Earlier in the day, the developer announced that the patch would be coming sometime soon, however, only a few hours later, the patch was live.
The list of fixes for the patch is extremely long as it affects almost every part of the game. From broken quests to improving the AI of the police, the patch intends to provide a new and improved Night City for players to either return to or experience for the first time.
The different categories of the patch fixes are gameplay, quests, open world, cinematic design, environment and levels, graphics, audio, animation, UI, stability and performance, miscellaneous, PC-specific, and console-specific.
The most notable bug fixes on the list are:
- Improved stability and performance of the engine and the rendering engine (reducing the number of random crashes).
- Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
- The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.
- Unstuck Rocking/Rotating feature added to all vehicles. Use Left Stick or A/D W/S or LShift/LCtrl to engage rocking and rotating to stuck/beached vehicles to try and free them.
- Collisions will no longer fail to stream in randomly during driving, which could lead to V driving into buildings and falling out of the world.
- Fixed the misspelled Leaving Night City sign.
- Fixed multiple issues where players could get stuck in location geometry.
- Fixed multiple issues with NPCs T-posing.
The console-specific fixes are intended to fix issues on all of the systems but the hope is that the patch will provide a more stable experience on Xbox One and PS4, specifically. The game is still unavailable on the Playstation Store.
With patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 out, hopefully players will have a better experience in Night City.