In an early This Week at Bungie (TWAB) post, Bungie has outlined some lightning fast changes to the new Stasis subclasses introduced in Beyond Light, so let’s check it out! Read the TWAB below!
Chill Out, Darkness!
Getting right into it, here’s the PvE Stasis nerfs:
- Stasis Breakout Damage reduced (110 –> 90hp)
- Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using resilience
- Increased the damage reduction effect resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable
- Caps out at 90 Resilience
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%
- Penumbral Blast range reduced (28m –> 16m)
- Winter Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (30s —> 24s)
- Winters Wrath Light Attack cost reduced (5% per burst –> 4.5% per burst)
- Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%
Well..ouch. It really sucks to be a Warlock main right now since all of our Stasis abilities got nerfed pretty bad, however, the only issue that I really have with this is the PvE nerf to Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee), I think the nerf to the range was completely unnecessary outside of PvP. I just don’t understand Bungie’s reasoning behind this nerf and I’m really hoping they revert it, because quite honestly, it felt a little off even before the nerf. The range felt fine, but I think it would be nice if it had an area-of-effect explosion when the projectile exploded, not much just enough to freeze enemies in close proximity.
- Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (4.75s –> 1.35s)
- Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (4.75s –> 1.35s)
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee) freeze duration lowered (4.75s –> 1.35s)
- Winters Wrath Heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased
I wasn’t a big fan of some of the questionable choices made regarding Stasis in PvE, but this…does put a smile on my face. I think all of these changes to PvP were needed and I don’t think anyone’s really going to have a problem with being frozen for a much shorter duration. This is great, I love these changes. PvE? Not so much.
Bungie is also going to be making some changes to the loot pool in the next couple of days, November 24 to be precise. Since the launch of Beyond Light, many players have been very vocal about the lack of new loot as most of the loot pool this season has been recycled content from previous seasons and it feels stale. Here’s a list of what’s changing in the November 24 hotfix:
- Remove all legendary weapons that hit their infusion cap at the end of this season
- Add all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season 10
- Add all of the Season 11 seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons
- Weight drop changes so the newer an item is, the more likely it is to drop
This is also great, while the lack of loot didn’t particularly upset me (though it is fairly early into the season, so that probably would change), it definitely wasn’t doing the game any favors as it is a looter shooter. There’s supposed to be loot (and lots of it for that matter). So these changes are welcomed with wide open arms.
Let’s Talk Bugs
With every new expansion, there’s bound to be some bugs. With every Destiny expansion, you’re lucky if the game is even up and running on Day 1. (Due to an issue, we have temporarily disabled my ability to write articles without puns). Let’s take a look at everything Bungie has tweeted starting with “Due to an issue” since the launch of Beyond Light:
Yikes. I understand that launching a new expansion will always bring new bugs and I also understand that it takes time to find these things, the narrative that “Bungie doesn’t play test their game” is such a bad take. Regardless of how much play testing is done, there are always going to be things that don’t get spotted because the parameters for said bug may never be met in a play test. Once you ship the game to thousands of people, you open up so many new lanes for new bugs to show themselves. I applaud Bungie for spotting them so quickly and disabling things that may cause game-breaking bugs. That being said, it is tremendously entertaining to meme about it.
That’s about it for now, I’m going to be participating in the Raid race today for the new Deep Stone Crypt Raid, good luck to everyone else participating!