It’s that time again! Genshin Impact is getting an update, here are the 1.2 Version patch notes so you know what’s coming and what’s changing. “The Chalk Prince and the Dragon” is bringing new weapons, Artifacts, quests, and more!
Genshin Impact is super-popular and it isn’t stopping for the holiday season. The newest version update, entitled “The Chalk Prince and the Dragon” is coming on December 23, promises to bring a whole load of changes to Genshin Impact.
Alongside a new area, Dragonspine, there will be a few new mechanics and gameplay features coming. That is, on top of the new weapons and Artifacts! Below, we’ve listed the Genshin Impact 1.2 Patch Notes in full for you to see everything that’s coming…
Genshin Impact 1.2 Patch Notes
The 1.2 Version Update for Genshin Impact begins at 06:00 GMT+8 on 23 Dec. It should take about 5 hours.
miHoYo are gifting players at least 300 Primogems, which equates to 60 for each hour the servers are down.
Players must reach Adventure Rank 5 in order to receive the compensation. It will stay valid in the Mail for 30 days.
New Area: Dragonspine
Dragonspine is the new area in Genshin Impact. It features a new environmental mechanic: Subzero Climate, and a number of new quests.
The Subzero Climate will continuously add Sheer Cold to characters which will drain HP when it reaches its limit.
Dragonspine is also home to a new Domain: Peak in Vindagnyr. Challenging this Domain will reward new Artifacts.
The Frostbearing Tree can be found in Dragonspine. If you offer Crimson Agates, that can be found all over Dragonspine, to this tree, you will obtain rewards in return.
Levelling up the Frostbearing Tree will add rewards such as: Acquaint Fate, Intertwined Fate, Weapon Blueprints, and more.
5-Star Character “Kreideprinz” Albedo (Geo) – Sword
” A genius known as the Kreideprinz, he is the Chief Alchemist and Captain of the Investigation Team of the Knights of Favonius.“
5-Star Character “Plenilune Gaze” Ganyu ( Cryo) – Bow
” The secretary at Yuehai Pavilion. The blood of the qilin, an illuminated beast, flows within her veins.”
The new weapons are: Summit Shaper (5-Star Sword), Festering Desire (4-Star Sword), Snow-Tombed Starsilver (4-Star Claymore), Dragonspine Spear (4-Star Polearm), and Frostbearer (4-Star Catalyst).
New Artifact Sets
There are two new Artifact sets, these are: Blizzard Strayer, and Heart of Depth.
Main Event – ” The Chalk Prince and the Dragon”;
Please note, the new Version 1.2 Events no-longer require Original Resin.
Four-Part Event – “Stellar Reunion”;
- “Reunion Rewards”: During the event, returning players can claim Primogems, Fragile Resin, and other rewards. Rewards can only be claimed once;
- “Passage of Time” Login Rewards: During the event, log in daily to claim Primogems, Fragile Resin, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and other rewards.
- “Homeward Path” Quest Rewards: During the event, complete designated quests each day to claim rewards and accumulate points. When your accumulated points reach a designated value, you can claim the bonus reward Prototype Rancour (Sword). This bonus reward can only be claimed once! The quest list refreshes every day at 4:00 AM;
- “Reunion Blessing” Double Drops: Returning players receive three extra opportunities each day to gain double drops. These can be used to obtain double the rewards from Petrified Trees in Domains, Blossoms of Wealth, and Blossoms of Revelation using Original Resin. The amount of double drop opportunities refreshes every day at 4:00 AM;
More events are coming too, according to miHoYo!
- Alvedo’s Story Quest – “Princeps Cretaceus Chapter: Act I”;
- Ganyu’s Story Quest “Sinae Unicornis Chapter: Act I” ( Available at a later date);
- Dragonspine World Quests – “In the Mountains,” “The Festering Fang,” “The Great Mountain Survey,” “A Land Entombed,” “Lost in the Snow,” and “Ah, Fresh Meat!”;
- World Quests – “Return of the Jade Chamber?”, “Fishing for Jade” ( Available at a later date);
- Dragonspine Commission Quests – “Floral Fresh,” “Fresh Flora,” “Emergency Supplies,” “Only Half-Frozen,” and “Eat It While It’s Hot”;
- New Monsters: Cryo Samachurl, Ice Shield Hilichurl Guard, Cryo Hilichurl Grenadier, Ice Shieldwall Mitachurl, Frostarm Lawachurl, Cryo Cicin Mage, Cryo Cicin, and Ruin Grader;
- New Animals: Snowboar, Cryo Crystalfly, and Snow Fox;
- New Recipes: Universal Peace, Jueyun Guoba, Sunshine Sprat, and Goulash;
- New Harvestable Resources and Materials: Starsilver and Chilled Meat;
- New Achievements “Challenger – Series III,” “Visitors on the Icy Mountain,” and more;
- New Namecard Styles: “Achievement: Challenger III,” “Achievement: Snowy Summit,” “Ganyu: Qilin,” “Albedo: Sun Blossom,” “Travel Notes: Chalk,” “Frostbearing: Ancient Tree,” and “Celebration: Hypostasis”;
Spiral Abyss Changes
- Floor 9: Characters on the field will continuously accumulate Sheer Cold and will continually lose HP after Sheer Cold reaches its limit. There will also be a Ruin Brazier on the field. While the Ruin Brazier is activated, getting close to it will reduce Sheer Cold. Enemies will attack the Ruin Brazier on the field to stop it. After having stopped for a period of time, the Ruin Brazier will restart automatically;
- Floor 10: Characters on the field will continuously accumulate Sheer Cold and will continually lose HP after Sheer Cold reaches its limit. There will be a Warming Seelie on the field that will help reduce Sheer Cold for the surrounding characters;
- Floor 11: Your character will be periodically be inflicted with Engulfing Storm, which continuously drains your Elemental Energy until the inflicted Electro is removed. All party members deal increased Cryo DMG;
- Floor 12: All party members deal increased Geo DMG;
Adds private chats with friends.
- Adds function to edit friends’ names;
- New Gadget: Kamera – When equipped, Players can take snapshots. Obtained via the World Quest “Snapshots.”;
- Adds camera height adjustment function and character expressions to the photo-taking system;
- Adds Travel Log to the Archive system: Stories of all the completed Archon Quests and Story Quests can be reviewed in the Travel Log;
- Adds character portraits to the Character Archive system;
- Adds trackable map pins function to the Map;
- Adds the option to repeat a Domain challenge from inside the Domain;
- New character ascension reward: Players will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time their character completes an ascension at Lv. 20, 50, or 70;
- Adds element tutorial stage “Elemental Trial” to the domain “Temple of the Lion.” After completing the trial, Players can claim Weapon Enhancement Materials and Character EXP Materials;
- Adds the new functions BP Animation Skip, Quest Story Auto-Play, and NPC Dialogue Auto-Play;
- Adds new controller customization option in the Paimon Menu > Settings > Controls > Vibration;
- Adds new weapon details display to the weapon event wish on the Wish screen. Players can view details about the 4-star and 5-star weapons with drop-rate boosts;
- Adds a new BP Weekly Mission: Complete the Golden House challenge;
Adjustments & Optimisation Changes
- Optimizes the Paimon’s Bargains page in the Shop: “Purchase with Primogems” has been moved to the last tab;
- Optimizes the Domain and Ley Line Outcrop rewards system: Dropped items are directly added to the Inventory;
- Optimizes Co-Op Mode: The host can disband the Co-Op team, In Co-Op Domains, guests and the host can both quit the Co-Op anytime without affecting other Travelers in the game;
- Adjusted the order of voice-over entries in character profiles;
- Standardizes the description of infusion effects for some characters or mechanics;
- Keqing’s Ascension Phase 1 Passive Talent “Thundering Penance” – After recasting Stellar Restoration while a Lightning Stiletto is present, Keqing’s weapon gains an Electro Infusion for 5s;
- Diluc’s Elemental Burst “Dawn” – Releases intense flames to knock nearby opponents back, dealing Pyro DMG. The flames then converge into the weapon, summoning a Phoenix that flies forward and deals massive Pyro DMG to all opponents in its path. The Phoenix explodes upon reaching its destination, causing a large amount of AoE Pyro DMG. The searing flames that run down his blade cause it to be infused with Pyro;
- Chongyun’s Elemental Skill “Spirit Blade: Chonghua’s Layered Frost” – Chongyun strikes the ground with his greatsword, causing a Cryo explosion in a circular AoE in front of him that deals Cryo DMG. After a short delay, the cold air created by the Cryo explosion will coalesce into a Chonghua Frost Field, within which all Sword, Claymore and Polearm-wielding characters’ weapons will be infused with Cryo;
- Bennett’s Lv. 6 Constellation “Fire Ventures with Me” – Sword, Claymore, or Polearm-wielding characters inside Fantastic Voyage’s radius gain a 15% Pyro DMG Bonus and their weapons are infused with Pyro;
- Tartaglia’s Elemental Skill “Foul Legacy: Raging Tide” – Tartaglia’s Normal and Charged Attacks are converted to Hydro DMG that cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion and change as follows…;
- Updates the description of Ningguang’s Passive Talent “Trove of Marvelous Treasures” by adding Starsilver to the list of displayed ore veins. The new description reads: “Displays the location of nearby ore veins (Iron Ore, White Iron Ore, Crystal Ore, Magical Crystal Ore, and Starsilver) on the mini-map.”;
- Adjusts the Exploration Progress for “Galesong Hill,” “Windwail Highland,” “Bishui Plains,” and “Lisha.” Travelers that already had a certain amount of Exploration Progress at these locations will obtain a slight increase in their Exploration Progress. Those who have already reached 100% in Exploration Progress will not be affected;
- Adjusts the daily rotation criteria of Domain of Forgery and Domain of Mastery: From Monday to Saturday, rewards will not change, and dropped items will rotate among the three types each day. On Sundays, the drop type will no longer be random. Instead, all three types of drops will now be available for Travelers to select for their challenges. (For example, in the Domain of Mastery “Forsaken Rift,” Monday and Thursday drops will be Talent Level-Up Materials of the Freedom type. On Tuesdays and Fridays, Resistance-type materials will be dropped. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, Ballad-type materials will be dropped. On Sundays, Travelers can select which of the three types of materials will be dropped during the challenges.)
Please note, due to the size of the update, miHoYo recommend downloading this update while on a WiFi connection if playing via mobile or Ethernet connection for other versions.