Next week, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare will be getting a 15gb update on Playstation 4 & Xbox One, according to Infinity Ward. In a recent Community Update post, Infinity Ward detailed the new update which is set to be released on Tuesday 28th April.
Infinity Ward laid out the update plans by saying;
Tuesday’s update includes a required download for PlayStation and Xbox, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
Next week also holds some playlist updates. Modern Warfare will see Shoot the Ship 24/7 (now with Cranked and Grind in the mix!) along with some fun Gunfight variations. There’s also something new to chase. Can we interest you in Obsidian camo? Or maybe you want to mix and match blueprint weapon attachments to your heart’s content, even on another blueprint weapon…
Infinity Ward also addressed the cheating situation in Warzone, which is currently a big issue with the game right now, with many console players opting to turn off cross play in order to avoid PC cheaters.
Starting this week, players in Warzone and Modern Warfare who report suspected cheaters will receive confirmation in-game when a player is banned. We’ve also deployed additional dedicated security updates, updated matchmaking to match suspected cheaters together, and increase our resources across backend tech, studio, and enforcement teams.
Soon, we’ll deploy a report-a-player functionality to the killcam and spectator modes.
The patch notes for the update are expected to go live on Monday, but Infinity Ward have laid out some of the stuff that is going to be addressed and changed in the update.
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
Also, if you currently don’t own Modern Warfare, there’s still time to play it for free until 10am PT on Monday 27th April.
Be sure to check out more of the latest news and guides on Gamezo, the new and upcoming gaming site. Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all the latest articles.