The notes for the first patch for the 2021 preseason, 10.24, has been released for the League of Legends game client!
After undergoing sweeping changes in multiple facets of the game, such as introducing Champion Class Items, Mythic and Legendary level items, an updated shop interface, and reworking its ranked matchmaking, the game’s balance team are adding optimal tweaks to address the most pressing of concerns.
“We bring to you a series of changes that are overwhelmingly heavy on items as we feel out the changes in the new ecosystem,” writes Tricia Tan and Hanna Woo of Riot Games. “Long story short: AP Mythics are strong across the board, while other items needed a bit more power to fulfill their role.”
From adjusted champions to an array of champions, here is what is included in the notes for the upcoming patch 10.24.
League of Legends patch 10.24 is set to go live on November 24.
Champion Buffs and Nerfs
Perhaps the biggest change within the list of champions whose abilities were altered in 10.24 was the nerf on Amumu’s W. No other instance best illustrates Amumu’s walloped power than when the champion solo killed Baron at the 20-minute mark. During patch 10.23, Amumu’s win rate skyrocketed to near 60%, an increase of 7.5% from its usual standing.
Hecarim sees his own share of nerfs in 10.24 like his melancholic peer. The bonus movement speed to bonus AD conversion of his passive and the bonus movement speed of his E ability are reduced to diminish his advantageous elusiveness.
Of the champions that were reworked, Varus comes out as the most prominent of the bunch. His Q, W, and R abilities were renovated which allowed the establishment of specific passives to each move.
“As a consistent high-priority pick in Pro play, Varus’ tuning has often left players feeling unsatisfied. To bring him back with vengeance, we’re shifting power away from elements that are typically strong in Pro play—such as reliable CC and lane bullying—and back into Varus’ unique playstyle of charged arrows and spellweaving,” writes Han and Woo in describing the basis for their changes on Varus’ abilities.
Behavioral Systems Update
Riot instituted further renovations in accordance to player behavior in games. For the possibility of experiencing allies who are AFK during matches, players can now vote for a surrender at the 10-minute mark. Such a stoppage can occur only if the vote is unanimous. If it isn’t, then another vote can be called at the 15-minute mark, which would then require a majority ruling.
Players affected from AFK allies in ranked matches will see their subsequent LP loss reduced. Furthermore, premades with players who are disconnected, AFK, provisional, and in a promotion series that experience a similar incident will not receive an LP loss reduction.
More information about these type of changes can be found here.
Full List of Notes
- Q (Bloodlust):
- Bonus AD: 5/10/15/20/25>>>10/15/20/25/30
- Bonus AD Per 1% Missing Health: 0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35>>>0.15/0.25/0.35/0.45/0.55
- Q (Piercing Arrow):
- Blight Cooldown Reduction: REMOVED
- (NEW) Bow Up: Damage from Blight effects detonated with Piercing Arrow are now increased by the amount of time Varus charges it for up to 50%, in addition to increasing Piercing Arrow’s damage for up to 50%.
- (NEW) VFX: Piercing Arrow will now show crit text when fully charged
- W (Blighted Quiver):
- Bonus Damage: 7/10.5/14/17.5/21>>>7/8/9/10/11
- (NEW) Bow Down: Detonating a Blight stack on enemy champions and Epic Monsters now reduces all basic cooldowns by 12% of the max cooldown per stack.
- R (Chain of Corruption):
- (NEW) Snapback: Varus now snaps to face the target direction on start of cast
- Missile Speed: 1950>>>1500
- W (Despair):
- Base Damage Over Time Damage: 5/7.5/10/12.5/15>>>4/6/8/10/12
- Damage Ratio: 0.5% AP per 100 AP (every half second)>>>0.25% AP per 100 AP (every half second)
- Bugfix: Damage no longer occasionally fires at a slightly increased pace.
- Passive (Warpath):
- Bonus Movement Speed To Bonus AD Conversion: 15-30% (level 1/3/6/9/12/15/18)>>>12-24% (level 1/3/6/9/12/15/18)
- E (Devastating Charge):
- Bonus Movement Speed: 25-85% (based on time active)>>>25-75% (based on time active)
- Bugfix: Hecarim no longer gains more than 25% movement speed immediately after casting E.
- Passive (Divine Ascent):
- Bonus Attack Speed: 2% per 100 ability power>>>1% per 100 ability power
- Passive (Daredevil Impulse):
- Melee Blade Damage Ratio: 10% AD>>>7.5% AD
- Dash Range Against Immobilized Enemy: 800/850/900/950/1000 (level 1/4/8/12/16)>>>650/725/800/875/950 (level 1/4/8/12/16)
- Passive (Way of the Wanderer):
- Order of Operations: Way of the Wanderer’s crit-related effects now wait to activate until any other effects that care about crit have been taken care of. This primarily means crit chance is no longer doubled before Guinsoo’s Rageblade calculates its on-hit damage.
- Passive (Way of the Hunter):
- Order of Operations: Way of the Hunter’s crit-related effects now wait to activate until any other effects that care about crit have been taken care of. This primarily means crit chance is no longer doubled before Guinsoo’s Rageblade calculates its on-hit damage.
Blade of the Ruined King:
- Total Cost: 3100 gold>>>3200 gold
- Attack Speed: 30%>>>25%
- Ability Power: 70>>>75
- Azakana Gaze Burn Damage: 1.5% max health magic damage every second for 4 seconds>>>1.2% max health magic damage every second for 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 6 seconds for melee; 12 seconds for ranged>>>8 seconds for melee; 16 seconds for ranged
- Omnivamp: 12%>>>10% (including AoE damage)
- Omnivamp: 12%>>>10% (including AoE damage)
- Attack Damage: 40>>>50
- Attack Damage: 60>>>65
- Wyrmfallen Sacrifice Attack Damage: 80>>>85
- Damage Ratio: 30% AD>>>45% AD
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade Bugfix: Guinsoo’s Rageblade now properly triggers at all ranges when the holder also has Kraken Slayer.
- Torment Damage Ratio: 2.5% AP>>>1.5% AP
- Damage Ratio: 50% AP>>>40% AP
- Echo Movement Speed: 30%>>>15%
- Echo Damage Ratio: 15% AP>>>10% AP
- Bugfix: Fully fixed an issue where Moonstone Renewer was not renewing if the ally is in champion combat, but the owner is not.
- Starlit Grace Heal: 30-60 (ally levels 1-18), increased by 37.5% each second spent in combat with champions (maximum 150%) ⇒ 60-90 (ally levels 1-18), increased by 25% each second spent in combat with champions (maximum 100%)
- Icathian Bite Damage Ratio: 25% AP>>>20% AP
- Soulrend Damage: 175-250 magic damage (level 1-18)>>>125-200 (level 1-18)
- Supersonic Damage: 200-300 magic damage>>>175-250 magic damage
- Total Cost: 2900 gold>>>2700 gold
- Spectral Waltz Duration: 2 seconds>>>3 seconds
- Attack Damage: 55>>>60
- Sandshrike’s Claw Attack Damage: 75>>>80
- Void Corruption Damage: 3% per second (max 15%)>>>2% per second (max 10%)
- Shield Reaver Damage: 50 physical damage>>>70 physical damage
Tear of the Goddess:
- Mana: 150>>>240
- Maximum Bonus Mana: 450>>>360
- Mana: 400>>>500
- Mana: 400>>>500
- Mana: 850>>>860
- Mana: 850>>>860
Cosmic Flight Anivia
Cosmic Charger Hecarim
Cosmic Invoker Illaoi
Cosmic Destiny Nami
Cosmic Huntress Nidalee
Cosmic Sting Skarner
Cosmic Hunter Varus
Cosmic Devourer Vladimir
Dark Cosmic Lissandra
Star Guardian Soraka Prestige Edition
Item Shop and Icon Improvements
- Updates to over 60 item icons.
- Stomped a ton of bugs in the shop. Our shoes are now disgusting.
- The font size of the shop’s gold display has been embiggened.
- Future’s Market now displays your debt limit in the shop.
- Recommended item card titles are now bolder.
- Fixed a bug where the tags in recommended item cards had too much padding. We took them to the gym.
- When there is only one or two actual recommendations, no empty item cards will appear in the shop.
- Fixed purchase button hover and clicked states.
- Player chat will now display behind the item shop until you decide to open it.
- Many many fixes to items appearing (or not appearing) in the correct tabs and filter groups.
- Selected items in the shop will now have sweet looking magic surrounding them.
- Darkened the borders of items you can’t afford to better differentiate them from the ones you can (more coming here soon).
- Made it easier to determine when a recommended item is not affordable.
- While the shop is opened, you can now open the extended stats panel.
- League Client:
- We have made improvements to the Champion Select grid, providing a smoother and more reliable experience. It’ll take less time to ban and lock in champions, and animations will feel smoother.
- The Reconnect button should no longer display after a match has completed. Players should now experience the appropriate end-of-game process.
- When the minimum resolution for the client is selected, Summoner Spell descriptions should not longer be blocked.
- Skin chromas no longer show the incorrect champion.
- The “This skin is currently not available to purchase” tooltip should no longer appear when entering Champion Select.
- The player chat has been updated to the new UI tech we’re using in the shop (and other places). It may look a little different, but it still has the same good heart.
- If Lissandra uses R – Frozen Tomb after using the Hextech Rocketbelt, she no longer gains an increased amount of healing.
- Moving around Stridebreaker to a new item box location no longer refreshes its cooldown.
- Silvermere Dawn no longer increases movement speed and its tooltip now reflects as such.
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade no longer deals damage to turrets.
- Presence of Mind’s mana regen bonus no longer resets every time the champion attacks an enemy champion.
- Resistance Yorick’s R – Eulogy of the Isles’s Maiden of the Mist will no longer automatically move above him when he recalls.
- The champion using Shurelya’s Battlesong to buff an ally that receives a kill now properly receives assist credit.
- Yone can no longer critically strike with Guinsoo’s Rageblade when he uses his third Q – Mortal Steel attack in melee range.
- Divine Sunderer’s passive damage no longer works against turrets.
- Zoe’s E2 – Sleepy Trouble Bubble and Vel’Koz’s Q2 – Plasma Fission now properly proc Horizon Focus.
- Activating Turbo Chemtank when moving towards a first-tier turret with plates and out-of-vision no longer gives bonus movement speed.
- Players can no longer one-hit kill jungle creep (including the Drakes) through a series of steps involving Smite.
- Projectiles from Hextech Rocketbelt’s Supersonic no longer goes through champion-created terrain.
- Fixed Hextech Rocketbelt’s, Galeforce’s, and Stridebreaker’s tooltips to indicate that their dashes cannot pass through terrain.
- Tear of the Goddess’ mana charge no longer triggers off abilities used on Gangplank’s barrels.
- Fizz’s W – Seastone Trident can no longer trigger Tear of the Goddess’ mana charge twice.
- Ornn no longer causes crashes when picked in Intro Co-Op vs. AI games.
- Lucian’s Passive – Lightslinger properly triggers Muramana’s on-hit bonus damage.
- Muramana’s on-hit bonus damage now properly doubles every third attack when the user also has a Guinsoo’s Rageblade.
- Garen’s E – Judgment’s crit damage bonus is now properly 33%.
- Tahm Kench’s Q – Tongue Lash + W – Devour combo now properly breaks the Rift Scuttler’s shield.
- Ekko’s R – Chronobreak no longer forces him to attack the closest target on arrival.
- Miss Fortune’s Serylda’s Grudge or Everfrost-empowered E – Make It Rain no longer slows the enemy more than intended.
- Katarina can no longer stack Grievous Wounds effects with R – Death Lotus.
- Picking up a Summoner Spell shard as Zoe with W – Spell Thief while casting a Teleport shard will no longer duplicate the Teleport shard.
- Revitalize now properly increases heals and shields you cast onto or receive from allies by the intended amount.
VFX and SFX Updates
- Passive (Unseen Threat): Blade VFX more glowy; target effects better fit into the Void color scheme
- Basic Attack: Updated swipes and new hit effects.
- Q (Taste Their Fear): Updated isolated target indicator; reduced noise on target VFX.
- W (Void Spike): New missile trail effects. Updated Explosion area of effect to match the hitbox.
- E (Leap): Reduced noise on landing effect. Updated area of effect to match the hitbox.
- R (Void Assault): Updated cloaking effect. Improved decloaking effect.
- Mecha Kha’Zix: W rockets stay closer to the missile hitbox. Updated W and E area of effects.
- Guardian of the Sands Kha’Zix: Updated W and E area of effects.
- Death Blossom Kha’Zix: Updated W and E area of effects.
- Dark Star Kha’Zix: Updated W and E area of effects.
- Championship Kha’Zix: Updated W and E area of effects.
- Q (Plasma Fission): Hit sound no longer plays twice when the Q hits an enemy for the first time before splitting on base and all skins.
- Battlecast Vel’Koz: Dance sound effects now loop correctly. Restored the sound that plays while the Q plasma bolt travels after splitting has been restored.
- Arclight Vel’Koz: Dance sound effects now loop correctly. Restored the sound that plays when an enemy has been hit by the W detonate.
- Infernal Vel’Koz: Vel’Koz will now play metal sounds when hit instead of flesh sounds. Restored respawn sound effects. Restored the sound that plays when a second stack of his passive is applied to enemy champions.
Midlane Minion Changes
- Midlane Cannon Minions now give 10 less gold.
- Midlane Cannon Minions now gain 30% increased attack speed against towers.
That’s it for the League of Legends 10.24 patch notes. What’s your favourite change this patch?