Patch 10.18 has hit the live servers. We’re going to look at the changes made and what we can expect going forward for the pro play meta. Remember that 10.18 will be the Worlds patch and Riot isn’t probably going to make big changes like they’ve done in the past.
- Health Regen: 6.5 >>> 5.5
Passive – Vasatayan Grace
- [NEW] ESSENCE THEFT: Ahri gains an Essence Theft stack for each enemy hit by her abilities, up to a maximum of 3 per cast, and storing up to 9 at once. Upon reaching 9 stacks of Essence Theft, Ahri’s next spell consumes the stacks to heal Ahri for 3/5/9/18 (levels 1/6/11/16) (+0.09 ability power) for each enemy hit.
- [REM] VASTAYAN GRACE: Ahri no longer gains 20% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds when she lands 2 ability hits against a champion within 1.5 seconds
Q – Orb of Deception
- [REM] ESSENCE THEFT: Essence Theft is now her Passive
W – Fox-Fire
- [NEW] FOXIER FEET: Now grants a burst of 40% movement speed decaying over 1.5 seconds at cast
- [NEW] MINION-FIRE: Now deals 200% damage to minions below 20% health
- [UPD] IMPROVED MINION TARGETING: Targeting now better prioritizes low health minions that can be killed by Fox-Fire after champions (Charmed champions are still the flames’ first priority)
- COOLDOWN: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds >>> 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
- COST: 40 mana >>> 55 mana
Ahri’s passive has been moved once again. While that doesn’t change how Ahri works, her new W is what’s going to make her more exciting to play onward. The changes do help for both for clearing/fast pushing while also giving her some mobility due to one of the two passive removed. Some teams might pick her up as the fast wave clear is crucial in the mid lane in order to roam and help the team. Definitely to watch out.
- ATTACK DAMAGE: 61 >>> 59
Q – Ranger’s Focus
- BUGFIX: Runaan’s Hurricane’s Wind’s Fury’s damage now properly takes under consideration the future levels of Ranger’s Focus
- VFX BUGFIX: Additional Runaan’s Hurricane bolts from Amethyst Ashe’s Q – Ranger’s Focus Runaan’s now properly use the skin’s VFX
This change will just slightly tone down Ashe. She will still be meta at Worlds surely as her strong point is her kit, especially her ult and her kiting ability with her Q.
Q – Winds of War
- BASE DAMAGE: 80/115/150/185/220 >>> 70/105/140/175/210
It might impact Galio’s waveclear slightly. Some regions don’t pick him as often and I personally think Galio is not as strong as other mid laners so his value will go down even further. It might be used as a combo with Camille so that’s something to remember in draft.
Q – Dragon Strike
- BASE DAMAGE: 80/120/160/200/240 >>> 90/130/170/210/250
The small buff definitely helps the Exemplar of Demacia. However, J4 is very situational right now and junglers are shifting more and more towards carry, high-damage champions. ( Evelynn, Kha’Zix, Graves ) We won’t probably see him much at Worlds.
Q – Radiant Blast
- [REM] MANA RESTORE: No longer restores 50% of the mana cost for each enemy champion hit
W – Celestial Blessing
- COST: 70/80/90/100/110 mana >>> 90/100/110/120/130 mana
E – Starfire Spellblade
- COST: 50/55/60/65/70 mana >>> No cost
- MISSILE SPEED: 2000 >>> 5000
Kayle has not seen much play this summer and I wonder if these changes will help her. The overall mana dependance is definitely lower, despite W mana cost increase. The question lies on whether teams will be able to work around her super-weak early game, in a meta where you’re required to have strong map presence for Dragons. Do you think she will rise in priority? Write what you think in the comments.
- HEALTH GROWTH: 90 >>> 85
- ARMOR GROWTH: 3.5 >>> 3.25
Kog’Maw has gotten pretty strong after the 10.13 buffs. He’s a very good answer to many matchups in this meta and his damage is insane. These changes won’t really change much as his weaknesses are pretty clear. Teams are still going to pick him regardless.
- ATTACK SPEED GROWTH: 2.25% >>> 3%
W – Strut
- MAXIMUM BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED: 50/60/70/80/90 >>> 55/65/75/85/95
Miss Fortune has dropped a lot in the ADC tier list. This change won’t really help her much and she’s going to be a situational pick, similar to the consideration made with J4. Caitlyn, Ashe, Kalista and Senna are all stronger picks and provide more value.
Q – Flamespitter
- TOTAL DAMAGE: 175/210/245/280/315 >>> 180/220/260/300/340
Rumble has the advantage of being a double flex between mid and top. With the buff he’s receiving, we might see him in response to certain team compositions, even though I think that Corki is just a better version of Rumble in this particular moment.
Passive – Pit Grit
- RIGHT PUNCH BONUS DAMAGE RATIO: 0.15 total attack damage >>> 0.5 bonus attack damage
Q – Knuckle Down
- BONUS DAMAGE: 10/20/30/40/50 (+1/2/3/4/5% of target’s maximum health) (+0.01 per 100 total attack damage) >>> 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.01 of target’s maximum health) (+1/1.5/2/2.5/3% per 100 total attack damage)
I really like this Sett change. It guts down the tanky Sett that deals absurd amount of damage while also incentivizing more damage oriented builds for the Boss. His quadra-flex will still be present although these particular changes will impact his jungle and his support roles primarily.
Passive – Ki Barrier
- SHIELD: 70-121 (levels 1-18) >>> 60-111 (levels 1-18)
Shen has become top priority in the last few patches and this small change will tone him down a little bit. His high value comes surely from his ult and as long as that isn’t changed, Shen is going to be picked.
E – Flame Breath
- [UPD] DRAGON FORM EXPLOSION RADIUS: 220/240/260/280/300 (boundary check) >>> 345 (center check) (a center check with a 345 radius is about equal to a 280 radius boundary check for most targets)
- [UPD] DOUBLE CHECK: Dragon form visuals and cast indicator now accurately represent the ability’s radius
- [UPD] MAXED OUT: Dragon Form Flame Breath no longer casts at maximum range when player attempts to cast near maximum range
- DRAGON FORM GROUND ZONE DAMAGE TICK RATE: 1 second >>> 0.5 seconds (same damage per second)
- [UPD] DON’T DRAG IT OUT: Dragon form ground zone is now more responsive
AP Shyvana was seen in a few matches during the summer season across various regions. With that being said, I don’t think teams will consider her at the biggest tournament of the year, since her volatility is pretty high. ( High damage but also very squishy )
E – Contaminate
- BONUS DAMAGE PER STACK RATIO: 0.2 ability power (maximum 1.2 ability power) >>> 0.333 ability power (maximum 2.0 ability power)
R – Spray and Pray
- BOLT DAMAGE REDUCTION PER ENEMY HIT: -20% from the previous hit (minimum damage cap of 40%) >>> -5% per unit hit (minimum damage cap of 70%)
Twitch must be played paired with a high-peeling team composition with an enchanter support ( Yuumi, Lulu mainly ) in order to be effective. I question if someone can find a good strategy to make him viable. Definetely would be interesting to see.
W – Wind Becomes Lightning
- THRUST DAMAGE: 30/65/100/135/170 (+0.75 attack damage) >>> 40/75/110/145/180 (+0.80 attack damage)
Xin Zhao’s main weakness in pro play is his very one dimensional kit. This small change won’t make him viable since his W isn’t even his main source of damage.
- SHIELD RATIO: 0.25 ability power (+0.12 bonus health) >>> 0.15 ability power (+0.09 bonus health)
Guardian has been strong on too many champions. Nerfing down the ratios is a healty change that will encourage teams to change keystones, hoping to find something new.
All in all, we won’t see big changes from the meta we’ve seen in these last patches. It will be interesting to see whether Ahri will become a strong pick. Along her, the other to watch out will be Kayle, Sett and most likely Rumble.