Details for the Six Invitational 2021, the biggest tournament of the year for Rainbow Six Siege. Let’s look at what is in store for the competitors.
Ubisoft recently made an announcement regarding next month’s Six Invitational. The event is scheduled to take place from the 9th to the 21st of February 2021 live in Paris, France. This will be the first international LAN event for the esport since last year’s Six Invitational which saw Spacestation Gaming emerge victoriously.
Ubisoft has stressed it is following strict safety measures to prevent any infections from occurring. Teams must self-isolate themselves for a minimum of 7 days before their departure. They must also submit a negative PCR test to authorities 72 hours before arrival.
During the event there are specific guidelines which must be observed
- A maximum of 6 people per team authorized to come to the offline event.
- Upon arrival, self-isolation at the hotel for all players based on local authorities guidelines.
- All players have individual hotel rooms.
- Strict separation between teams. Players from one team will not mix with other teams during the event.
- Regular PCR and rapid tests for all players during the event.
- PCR test before the departure flight.
- Strict departure rule: in order to limit as much as possible the number of people in the venue, all eliminated teams will exit the event upon their elimination and will leave France within the following 48 hours.
- Masks: players will wear masks at all times, except when playing on stage and during interviews.
- Restrictions are applied to limit the number of people on-site at any given moment.
- All equipment within the venue will be rigorously sanitized daily at the beginning and end of each day.
- Additionally, the competition areas will be sanitized before and after each match.
- Sanitation of interview equipment and area before and after each interview session.
- Frequent sanitation of all high-touch surfaces.
- Presence of a Covid Manager on site for the entire duration of the event.
- A doctor will be present on-site for the entire duration of the event.
- Permanent presence of first-aid workers trained in COVID management – systematic temperature taking.
Protocols for all people working on-site
- Two documents will be made available to each: – General instructions reminding the national instructions and official recommendations. – Specific instructions adapted to each site and to the competition schedule.
- Face masks required at all times.
- Social distancing.
- Set up of a sign-off sheet of “Acknowledgement of the General and Specific Instructions for any person who accesses the venue”
Specific scenarios and actions:
- Participating teams will face competitive sanctions, up to the dismissal from the site and the disqualification entirely from the competition, should they fail to comply with the safety instructions at any moment during the event.
- If a player is tested positive during the event but doesn’t feel impaired by his symptoms, he will be allowed, under the supervision of a doctor, to compete remotely from his hotel room.
Six Invitational 2021 Competitors
The Six Invitational 2021 will feature 20 teams from four regions: six from LATAM, four APAC teams, and five teams from NA and EU respectively. The teams will be split into groups as shown below.
The teams will play every one in their group in a single round-robin best of 1. After which the bottom 2 teams in each group will be eliminated while the remaining 16 teams will be seeded into a playoff bracket with the top 4 teams in both groups going into the Upper bracket while 5-8th place going into the lower bracket.
Six Invitational 2021 Prizepool
The Six Invitational 2021 prize pool cap is set at USD $3,000,000. Adding to the starting amount of USD $500,000, 30% of all revenue from the Road to S.I. 2021 Battle Pass will directly contribute to the prize pool of the competition, and any amount above the 3-million-dollar cap will be redistributed to support the Rainbow Six Esports circuit for the 2021 season.
On the final day of competition, there will be a $50,000 show match between content creators from the Rainbow Six siege community.
Are you excited for the invitational? Don’t forget to share our work with the buttons below! Also, be sure to follow @GamezoGG on Twitter and check out our YouTube Channel for more great content from the Gamezo Team!