With patch 10.23 we officially enter the 2021 pre-season patch. Season eleven is about to kick off and there are a lot of changes! New shop system, new items, new tier list of items, new buffs, jungle changes and sadly a lot of removed items. Continuing over this updates and testing cycle, Preseason changes and those specific to patch 10.23 itself launched today.
The “Recommended Items page” displays relevant items for you based on where you currently are in your build, who are your enemies, and how the game is progressing. It’s meant to provide a quick way for you to understand what comes next. With the newest shop it’s easy to create and master different and more builds, new playstyles and turn of strategies, which means more variety from game to game!
New Item Category: Mythic!
By selecting a Mythic item will be the core of your game, it sets the tone for the rest of your build, both in terms of which other items you’ll want to pick up as well as a Mythic Passive that adds extra stats to your other fully completed items. Choose wisely, cause you can choose only one mythic item per build. “How do I know which are Mythic Items?” Mythic item icons will be animated in the shop!
There are a total of 23 Mythic Items, here you can find the list (in alphabetical order) and their effect simplified for you:
- DIVINE SUNDERER: After using an ability, your next basic attack is enhanced with an additional 10% target max health physical damage.
- DUSKBLADE OF DRAKTHARR: Attacking a champion deals an additional 100 physical damage and slows them by 99% for 0.25 seconds (15 second cooldown). When a champion that you have damaged within the last 3 seconds dies, this cooldown is refreshed and you become Invisible for 1.5 seconds.
- ECLIPSE: Hitting a champion with 2 separate basic attacks or abilities within 1.5 seconds deals an additional 8% max health physical damage, grants you 30% movement speed and a 150.
- EVERFROST: mages can control the battlefield and lock down their opponents in ice.
- FROSTFIRE GAUNTLET: turn any tank into an inescapable behemoth.
- GALEFORCE: dash in target direction, firing three missiles at the lowest-health enemy near your destination.
- GOREDRINKER: Fighters can come back from the brink of death with a well-timed Thirsting Slash heal and increased attack damage while injured.
- HEXTECH ROCKETBELT: gives shorter-range mages a way to blast onto the scene to get in range to destroy enemy champions
- IMMORTAL SHIELDBOW: When you are below 30% health, gain a 250-700 shield for 3 seconds.
- IMPERIAL MANDATE: Helps to use your CC to call the shots as you mark enemies to be cut down by your team.
- KRAKEN SLAYER: Every third basic attack deals an additional 60 true damage.
- LIANDRY’S ANGUISH: allows mages to burn through health and resistances and excel in longer fights.
- LOCKET OF THE IRON SOLARI: Grants nearby allies a 250-420 shield, decaying over 2.5 seconds.
- LUDEN’S TEMPEST: offers mages upfront burst power and the speed to reposition for another round.
- MOONSTONE RENEWER: When affecting champions with basic attacks or abilities in combat, restore health to the most wounded nearby ally. Each second spent in combat with champions increases this healing effect by 37.5%.
- NIGHT HARVESTER: Damaging a champion deals an additional 175-250 (+15% AP) magic damage and grants you 25% movement speed for 1.5 seconds.
- PROWLER’S CLAW: lets assassins get up close and personal with their prey, amplifying their damage for one fatal combo.
- RIFTMAKER: Mages and tankier magic damage dealers can dominate fights that go long with ramping damage and healing.
- SHURELYA’S BATTLESONG: lets support players orchestrate flawless quintets by boosting allies’ movement and damage at the start of fights.
- STRIDEBREAKER: Lunge a short distance and deal 110% of your attack damage to nearby enemies, slowing them by 60%
- SUNFIRE AEGIS: turns tanks into dangerous threats for enemies who take extended fights.
- TRINITY FORCE: Allows fighters to take over long fights with ramping attack damage and repeated bursts of Spellblade procs.
- TURBO CHEMTANK: Grants 75% movement speed towards enemy champions. Once near an enemy a shockwave is emitted that slows nearby champions by 40% for 2 seconds.
Old and New Legendary Items!
” We want Mythics to house the most exciting and complex item effects, which meant simplifying Legendaries to ensure builds overall weren’t becoming more complicated. “Riot Games Developer Team
“Legendary” is the category of item that were for a long time the most powerful ones, of course now the “Mythic” tier is the most powerful and crucial one. Many of the reworked Legendary Items will feel like they were nerfed, however they’re meant to be integrated with a Mythic Item’s passive, which adds additional stats depending on how the game plays out.
There are a total of 28 Reworked Legendary Items, here you can find the list (in alphabetical order) and how they changed:
- ABYSSAL MASK: Passive changed to increased damage on immobilized enemies.
- ARCHANGEL’S STAFF: AP per mana increased. No longer grants ability haste or mana refund on cast. Spending mana without hitting a champion no longer grants stacks. Mana per stack and transform threshold reduced.
- BLACK CLEAVER: Now deals missing health damage against fully stacked targets. No longer grants movement speed on-hit.
- BLADE OF THE RUINED KING: Movement speed active is now a passive.
- DEATH’S DANCE: Omnivamp replaced with Bleed cleanse, movement speed, and heal on takedown. Magic damage no longer reduced and converted to Bleed.
- ESSENCE REAVER: Now builds out of Sheen and has a Spellblade passive.
- FROZEN HEART: Now passively reduces damage taken from basic attacks.
- GARGOYLE STONEPLATE: Active converted to a decaying shield. Passive grants resistances on taking damage.
- GUINSOO’S RAGEBLADE: Now grants on-hit damage based on critical strike chance, but you can’t crit. No longer grants stacking attack speed. No longer grants attack damage, ability power, or penetration.
- INFINITY EDGE: Increased critical strike damage now scales with critical strike chance.
- KNIGHT’S VOW: Damage redirect increased. Now grants movement speed toward low-health Partners. No longer grants armor, passive movement speed towards Partner, or heals from Partner damage.
- LICH BANE: Spellblade damage and cooldown increased. No longer grants mana or ability haste.
- LORD DOMINIK’S REGARDS: Now has critical strike chance. Deals additional damage against high-health targets.
- MANAMUNE: Now provides ability haste. Spending mana without hitting a champion no longer grants stacks. Mana per stack and transform threshold reduced.
- MAW OF MALMORTIUS: Lifeline shield increased; bonus stats on proc removed.
- MORELLONOMICON: Now grants access to improved Grievous Wounds. No longer grants magic penetration.
- MORTAL REMINDER: No longer grants Armor Penetration. Now builds from Zeal. Now offers improved Grievous Wounds.
- MURAMANA: Bonus damage now applies to abilities in addition to attacks. No longer consumes mana on proc.
- PHANTOM DANCER: No longer has Lifeline. Grants Ghosting, movement speed, and bonus attack speed after consecutive attacks.
- RANDUIN’S OMEN: Active now also reduces enemy AD and crit damage. Now passively reduces damage taken from any basic attack, not just crits. No longer reduces enemy attack speed when hit.
- RAVENOUS HYDRA: Cleave now also procs on abilities and ranged basic attacks. Now grants Omnivamp instead of life steal. No longer grants health regen. Active removed.
- SANGUINE BLADE: Now provides physical vamp instead of life steal.
- SERAPH’S EMBRACE: AP per mana increased. Now also grants mana per AP. No longer grants ability haste or mana refund on cast. No longer grants a shield.
- STERAK’S GAGE: Base Shield decreased but now scales with number of enemies in combat. Now grants healing based on enemies in combat. Tenacity removed. No longer melee only.
- THORNMAIL: Damage reduced and now applies improved Grievous Wounds upon immobilizing an enemy.
- TITANIC HYDRA: Now grants AD based on health. Cleave now also procs on abilities and ranged basic attacks. No longer grants health regen. Active removed.
- WIT’S END: Now grants movement speed on-hit instead of healing.
- ZEKE’S CONVERGENCE: Now grants bonus on-hit damage to your linked ally on targets you have immobilized..
Old and New Epic Items!
Epic items are the tier below Legendary. They’re the mid-tier components of Legendary and Mythic items that build out of basic items. They are valuable building blocks, offering incremental stats and effects that smooth your progression toward bigger purchases. With this new change you will have a clear reason on why you want to but them and when. The rework on the previous Epic items is more gold-based than other: in general, the overall cost of these items has been increased.
Basic Items Rework!
These items don’t have any components of their own, they’re the Starter, Basic and Support items! Regarding support’s builds: there will be legendary items for supports, however their stats will be reduced, in order to avoid unpleasant turns of events during the game.
Jungle Items Update!
With the addition of Mythic item system, the first item is crucial, but somehow junglers are being forced to buy the same 2 items, untill now. From next season junglers will be able to engage with the item system and progress toward their “Smite” without having to spend more money than necessary. That puts them on even footing with the other roles in terms of being able to start with their Mythic item right away.
Getting “Hailblade” will change the jungler’s smite to the “Chilling Smite” : when smiting champions, “Chilling Smite” deals 20-156 true damage and steals 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
Getting ” Hailblade” will change the jungler’s smite to the “Challenging Smite“: when smiting champions, “Challenging Smite” marks them for 4 seconds. During this time, your damaging attacks and abilities deal 48-125 bonus true damage to them over 2.5 seconds and you take 20% reduced damage from the Smited enemy.
Goodbye Forever: Removed Items
Say goodbye to your favourite item is always the most difficult thing to do, this year and in this patch in particular we mourn our most beloved items.
- Adaptive Helm
- Athene’s Unholy Grail
- Bilgewater Cutlass
- Catalyst of Aeons
- Chalice of Harmony
- Duskblade of Draktharr
- Frozen Mallet
- Hextech GLP-800
- Hextech Gunblade
- Hextech Protobelt-01
- Iceborn Gauntlet
- Jaurim’s Fist
- Liandry’s Torment
- Locket of the Iron Solari
- Luden’s Echo
- Righteous Glory
- Rod of Ages
- Shurelya’s Reverie
- Statikk Shiv
- Sunfire Cape
- Trinity Force
- Twin Shadows
However! Most of the items were left behind to make way for a new version of them stronger and brighter than ever before!