Don’t know the ways of how to use bait in Stardew Valley or having problems with it? So this guide is for you!
There are four different baits in Stardew Valley, the Bait, the Magnet, the Wild Bait and the Magic Bait. The regular Bait can be bought at Willy’s Fish Shop for 5g each, be crafted, grown in a Worm Bin, or found in Fishing Treasure Chests.
All types of baits are single user and can be attached to the fishing rod or inserted into a Crab Pot.
Not all fishing rods can have baits attached. A Fiberglass Rod or an Iridium Rod are the only rods that can have baits attached. Both of them can be bought at Willy’s Fish Shop, located on the docks of the beach, south of Pelican Town. They cause fish to bite faster and the special baits have some additional effects.
Crab Pots can be crafted or bought at Willy’s Fish Shop. When you put them in the water (lakes, ponds, rivers, or the ocean) with baits inside, they catch fish… or trash like items.
You can put them also in the water areas that are not inside your farm. The water bodies exceptions are the mine’s pools and fountains. You can put the Crab Pot in the mine’s pools, but it will disappear forever.
Harvesting a Crab Pot gives 5 Fishing experience points, even if in the inside is just trash. But don’t get sad if you receive just trash items. If you recycle them with the Recycling Machine, you can get a somewhat useful item.
Some items you can get anywhere, others are water-type specific. Trash, Driftwood, Soggy Newspaper, Broken CD and Broken Glasses are obtained anywhere. Their results of recycling are:
- Trash: Stone (1-3) 49% of chance. Coal (1-3) 30% of chance. Iron Ore (1-3) 21% of chance.
- Driftwood: Wood (1-3) 75% of chance. Coal (1-3) 25% of chance.
- Soggy Newspaper: Torch (3) 90% of chance. Cloth (1) 10% of chance.
- Broken CD: Refined Quarts (1)
- Broken Glasses: Refined Quarts (1)
The ocean is the only place that you can catch Lobster, Clam, Crab, Cockle, Mussel, Shrimp and Oyster.
While freshwater it’s the only place you can get Crayfish, Snail and Periwinkle. Freshwater locations are any body of water with the exception of the Beach and the mine’s pools.
If you have the Luremaster profession, you can actually use Crab Pots without baits in order to have the same results. Plus, the previously mentioned bait types have no extra effect on crab pots.
RELATED: Stardew Valley Fish Pond Guide: Everything You Need To Know
Enjoy this piece? Don’t forget to share our work with the buttons below. Also, be sure to follow us
on Twitter to get the latest gaming news straight to your feed.