After the problematic 1.11 Patch, Valorant is releasing the 1.12 Patch in an effort to make amends and raise the bar for Patch quality going forward. The 1.12 Patch includes updates to the Observer and the Social Panel, amongst other changes.
The 1.12 Patch isn’t bringing any complete overhauls to Valorant, but it is an important one. There were several aspects of the previous patch that were frankly problematic.
So, Valorant has brought a few light touches to the 1.12 Patch in an effort to rectify this.
“Updates to the Observer and the social panel are the stars this time around, along with some bug fixes. The in-match display of Act Rank Badges will continue to be suspended while we figure out what’s contributing to the performance hitches.”Valorant 1.12 Patch Notes
The Valorant 1.12 Patch Tweaks The Observer
While in the Observer, players will no longer hear ping audio. However, they will have improved sightline visibility in well-lit areas.
There’s also been changes to how Moderators can alter the game in the Observer. The Game State Modification cheat allows moderators to change various aspects of the game in a tournament setting. For example, you can alter a player’s stats and money.
One thing that has been removed from the 1.11 Patch is fixed team colours. This is primarily down to bugs with the UI, however the 1.12 Patch notes also highlight the fact that players were associating red with attack and green with defence.
The Social Panel Has Also Been Tweaked
In addition to Observer tweaks, the social panel has also been updated to reflect this. The Open / Close Party toggle has been redesigned to make identifying this easier.
Observers have also been added to the “in game” section of the social panel and can now view and type in “/all chat” in custom lobbies.
There Are Bug Fixes Too
Below, we’ve listed the remaining bug fixes that have been brought to Valorant through the 1.12 Patch…
- Fixed a bug where leaving/disconnecting from a Custom Game would result in a VAL-51 error, requiring the game to be remade in order for the player to rejoin
- Fixed a bug in the end-of-game screen after an Icebox match that displayed Haven’s map, and would incorrectly display timeline markers
- Fixed issue where players could target mid-air (dropped) weapons with some abilities
- Left handed mode: fixed recoil animation being incorrectly mirrored (mismatching actual weapon recoil)
- Fixed overlapping Observer UI when a player is planting/defusing
- Fixed inconsistent team coloring on minimap pings
- Fixed rare issue where Observer camera transition visuals could get stuck when swapping between player views
The 1.12 Patch Notes suggest that the next patch is going to be skipped and things will be updated again in around a month on December 8.
To read the full 1.12 Patch Notes, click here: Valorant 1.12 Patch Notes