The VALORANT patch notes for version 1.08 isn’t as big as the previous patch, but there are plenty of things in the patch to be happy about. Only Raze was tweaked at all in this patch, with a few agents getting nerfs/buffs in 1.07. The Guardian is the only weapon to receive any kind of update in this patch.
The first thing that strikes you about patch 1.08 is that the Map Rotation system is getting a tweak. When you played multiple matchmaking games prior to this patch, you had an equal chance of getting every map every time. Now, if you play Split, for example, you have a lesser chance of repeating Split for your next match. This is “psuedo-random” instead of pure random.
Raze’s blast pack is seeing a few changes. The initial damage is reduced to 15 with a .2 meter inner radius, doing 5 minimum damage at range. The satchel will arm after .5 seconds, increasing its max damage to 50. Shooting the pack will make it explode and deal its current damage, yet Raze players can make new sorts of plays without worrying about damage to teammates, as the satchel will no longer hurt allies.
“Raze’s Blast Pack has been dishing out damage without giving enemies much counterplay,” the patch notes read. “This change should help make it very clear when Blast Pack’s damage poses a threat while maintaining the utility aspects of the Blast Pack that players have begun to master. The blast pack now does not ‘fizzle’ when shot and will still do damage, meaning it should still be approached carefully if in lethal range.”
The Guardian’s price is reduced from 2500 to 2400, and the rate of fire has been improved from 4.75 to 5.25 rounds per second. The weapon recovery has been improved from .35 after 3 bullets to .2925 after 3 bullets. These changes should make the Guardian a little more viable, with a bigger chance to show off your new EGO by OneTap Guardian skin.
Here are the rest of the VALORANT patch notes:
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded
- Full screen blind for observers can be turned back on in the options, for all you masochists
- Minimap performance improvements
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules
- Prime Classic VFX fixed
- There was a bug in which upgrade Prime levels (2–4) were not playing the correct tracers, sound fx, and other VFX
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies