As we tie up Act 1 and welcome Episode 2: Act 2, this new VALORANT Patch has introduced Astra to the agent roster, a whole brand new battlepass for this act and the Prime 2.0 bundle.
Agents will now provide automatic call-outs contextual to the map, in a feature described as tactical voice-over.
Patch 2.04 also features some new updates to the competitive rules allowing lower ranked players to queue with a bigger range of players, gradually tightening up that range as you approach the higher levels.
- Bind Teleporter exit doors are now permanently jammed open—if you want to camp it, get ready to fight for it!
- Bind’s pickrate is again evenly weighted.
- The start of Competitive Episode 2: Act 2.
- Your rank will no longer be lowered at the start of an Act.
- You’re only required to play 1 placement match to display your rank.
- Players who have not previously placed in Competitive this Episode will still need to play 5 placement games to earn their initial rank.
- Regional requirements for Radiant cut off:
- LATAM & KR: 100 RR
- BR: 200 Rank Rating
- NA & APAC: 300 RR
- EU: 400 RR
- The web leaderboard will be disabled briefly for maintenance at the start of this patch, expect it to be re-enabled within 24–48 hours.
- Later this patch, we’ll reduce the total amount of average RR per win/loss by 5
- During this patch we will change demotion logic for players to start at 70RR(Previously 80RR).
- Ranks will no longer be displayed in Agent select or in-game. You will still be able to see ranks on the end of the game screen.
- You can now queue with a wider group of friends and teammates if you are at the lower ranks.
Quality of Life
- Added Tactical Voice Over
- In service of improving team coordination and information sharing, we’ve added more context to some of the automated Agent VO lines that play during the round.
- Agent lines like “Spike spotted” or “Enemies spotted” will also say a map “Super Region” afterwards. (e.g., “Spike spotted C” or “Enemies spotted B”).
- Additionally, we’ve added an option to place Tactical VO messaging into the Chat window:
- The toggle for this option is available under Accessibility options. With this enabled, when Tac VO lines are triggered, a Chat message will be sent relaying the information. The text lines are modified to best communicate who said what. For example, instead of Sova verbally saying “Enemy spotted B”, the chat message will read “Sova spotted an ENEMY in B”.
- Tactical VO FAQ:
- Tactical VO will not be enabled in modes.
- Tactical VO can be disabled via toggle.
- Tactical VO being ducked by VOIP can be disabled via toggle.
- Tactical VO Chat messages can be enabled via toggle.
- Improved Client framerate by 3% on average for medium to high spec machines in 10-player games, by optimizing inventory management.
- Fixed jitteriness when using the ghost mode modifier in custom games—the character now moves more smoothly without constant movement corrections
- Fixed an issue where casting Brimstone’s Sky Smoke right after picking up an Ultimate orb would result in ability charges lost, and smokes not deployed
- Fixed a bug that caused the Custom game server dropdown to loop infinitely
- Fixed parts of Reyna’s Soul Orb feedback triggering when assisting kills on non-players
- Fixed Reyna’s Soul Orb timer not properly syncing with its actual duration
- Fixed issues where teleporting into narrow areas created by Sage’s wall with Omen’s Shrouded Step pushed him into a wall
- Fixed ult active indicators not working for Killjoy, Cypher, Brimstone, Sage, Breach, Jett and Viper
Enjoy this piece? Don’t forget to share our work with the buttons below. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter to get the latest gaming news straight to your feed.