The Overwatch League is back on LAN for the final week of Summer Showdown qualifiers, sort of. The Shanghai Dragons’ Homestand is the second look at LAN for the Overwatch League 2021 season. The homestand will take place from the 9th of July to the 11th at the Jing’an New Sports Center in Shanghai. The Shanghai Dragons will host four of the six teams competing this weekend.
What matches are being played offline at the Shanghai Dragons’ Homestand?
Not all of the teams competing during the weekend will be present at the venue this weekend. Due to visa issues, only teams based in China will be attending the event in person, while the teams based in Korea will compete online.
Matches played entirely on LAN:
- Shanghai Dragons vs Los Angeles Valiant (Friday, July 9th @ 8:00 AM EST/1:00 PM BST)
- Los Angeles Valiant vs Chengdu Hunters (Saturday, July 10th @ 6:30 AM EST/11:30 AM BST)
- Shanghai Dragons vs Hangzhou Charge (Saturday, July 10th @ 8:00 AM EST/1:00 PM BST)
Matches played with one team in the arena:
- Hangzhou Spark vs New York Excelsior (Friday, July 9th 5:00 AM EST/10:00 AM BST)
- New York Excelsior vs Chengdu Hunters (Friday July 9th @ 6:30 AM EST/11:30 AM BST)
Match played entirely online:
- New York Excelsior vs Philadelphia Fusion (Saturday, July 10th @ 5:00 AM EST/10:00 AM BST).
When the qualifier matches end, the venue will then host the APAC knockout stage. The top four teams from the qualifiers will enter the knockout stage for a spot in the Summer Showdown playoffs. Just like the qualifiers, only the teams in China that qualified will be in the arena for the knockout stage.
The Shanghai Dragons’ Homestand is the second offline event of the 2021 Overwatch League season. The Hangzhou Spark’s Homestand was a huge success as the first event with a crowd since the Covid-19 pandemic began.
To get up to date on who has the best shot of qualifying for the knockout stage, check out our article on each team’s chances to qualify.